In the five programs offered (two undergraduate and three post graduate), the PAG department aspires to channel out graduates with outstanding analytical skills and professional values in the management of public, private and voluntary sector, both in the Local and International sphere.
The Department of Public Administration and Governance is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and service, and to offering undergraduate and post graduate curricula designed to provide students with a solid foundation and broad understanding of the discipline of Public Administration and Governance; and allow students to specialize in areas of particular substantive interest. Our graduate programs are intended for students who may wish to pursue PhD at later point; and for those who wish for an enriched understanding of Public Administration and Management, Public Policy, Governance and International Relations to bring to their future employment in the public or private sector.
The Department of Public Administration and Governance aspires to a centre of excellence in the heart of Africa in teaching, research and service in public administration, policy and governance.
- Excellence in teaching, research and service
- Critical thinking, creativity and originality as they may foster excellence in teaching, research and service
- Respect for students, staff, and faculty
- Social responsibility; community service at all levels (local, national, regional, and international)
- Upholding ethical principles and standards in all that we do
- Academic freedom, personal responsibility, and the traditions of higher education
- Diversity in student population, faculty, staff and teaching materials
Department of Public Administration and Governance
Faculty of Social Sciences
Uganda Christian University
P.O Box 4, Mukono
Tel: 031 235 0800